[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] B2000 ibm slots

cpca@iceman.jcu.oz (C Adams) (09/05/90)

I am posting this for a friend without net access....

In the Amiga B2000 (any revision i think) there are two 16 bit
ibm slots and two 8 bit ibm slots after a bridgeboard has been
installed. On the motherboard there are solder holes for (hopefully)
converting the two 8 bit slots to 16 bit. Can two small card
connectors be soldered to provide the two 8 bit slots with 16
bit compatibility ?

please email replies to cpmwca@marlin.jcu.edu.au

Colin Adams   Life's funny but I don't laugh....

In article <934@iceman.jcu.oz> cpca@iceman.jcu.oz (C Adams) writes:
>B2000: On the motherboard there are solder holes for (hopefully)
>converting the two 8 bit slots to 16 bit. Can two small card
>connectors be soldered to provide the two 8 bit slots with 16
>bit compatibility ?

Yes, they can. They are left out for the reason that there exist
some 8-bit cards on the market that need the room those connectors
occupy. (Second reason is cost, naturally.)

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel  // E-Mail to   \\ Only my personal opinions...
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany  \X/ {uunet!pyramid!rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk