[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] PAL mode on bootup

bworrell@cmcvx1.claremont.edu (worrell, brandon lee) (08/29/90)

My question is:  Is there a jumper or anything I can do to get my A500 with
ECS to boot up in PAL mode.  I love using PAL mode on my A500 and the easiest
way I have found to do it so far is to use the palcon program from the
PALboot 4.0 disk.  I autoboot my hard drive, interrupt the startup-sequence,
type palcon, and then reboot.  I then works perfectly.  Upon reset, my
display changes to PAL and then autoboots my hard drive.  Also, several
of my games are PAL and it's a pain to use the PALboot disk first.  I use
PAL much more then NTSC now and would rather use the PAL boot programs to
boot is NTSC mode when I need it.  Does anybody know of a way to do this?
Thanks in advance......

--Brandon Worrell
bworrell@cmcvx1.claremont.edu

danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com (Dan Bachmann) (09/07/90)

        There is a jumper on the Agnus chip to toggle between PAL & NTSC, but
I don't know the details besides if you put a switch on it and switch it while
it's on it'll fry a chip. But besides that I have heard it works great.
.,s