[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Info on HD's in A3000s

In <02276.AA02276@lemsys.UUCP>, clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) writes:
>        I've been reading comments that people have been leaving regarding
>the new Commodore Amiga 3000.  I was wondering if the 100 and 50 meg drives
>are different from the standard Quantum ProDrives.  I have a Q105S, are the
>100's in the 3000's a different type of drive?  I could still conceivibly
>plug my Q105 into the 3000 right?

Absolutely. The '100 meg drive' that comes with the 3000 is a Q105S.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) (09/08/90)

        I've been reading comments that people have been leaving regarding
the new Commodore Amiga 3000.  I was wondering if the 100 and 50 meg drives
are different from the standard Quantum ProDrives.  I have a Q105S, are the
100's in the 3000's a different type of drive?  I could still conceivibly
plug my Q105 into the 3000 right?

 Craig Lemon - Kitchener, Ontario. Amiga B2000/10--2400 bps--AmigaUUCP 1.03D
 lemsys!clemon@xenitec.on.ca  or  ....!{uunet}!watmath!xenitec!lemsys!clemon

jmpor@dynam.UUCP (J-M Porchet) (09/08/90)

>In article <02276.AA02276@lemsys.UUCP> clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) writes:
>
>        I've been reading comments that people have been leaving regarding
>the new Commodore Amiga 3000.  I was wondering if the 100 and 50 meg drives
>are different from the standard Quantum ProDrives.  I have a Q105S, are the
>100's in the 3000's a different type of drive?  I could still conceivibly
>plug my Q105 into the 3000 right?

Yes, and it will work very well !!!!!

>--
> Craig Lemon - Kitchener, Ontario. Amiga B2000/10--2400 bps--AmigaUUCP 1.03D
> lemsys!clemon@xenitec.on.ca  or  ....!{uunet}!watmath!xenitec!lemsys!clemon

  Jean-Marc PORCHET
  301, Mandement street         Organisation : DYNAMIC COMPUTER
  CH-1281 Russin
  SWITZERLAND                   UUCP: cbmswi!dynam!jmpor