[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Video Toaster: WHERE IS IT?

cdimick@suns.es.com@bambam.UUCP (Clint Dimick) (08/31/90)

	I would like to know WHEN this "Toaster" is going to be released for
sale to the public.  I've also heard about the comic demo tape, but have yet
to find it at my local Amiga dealer's shop.  Can anyone provide me with some
information on this hot little item?  'Preciate it!

		- Clint

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (09/07/90)

Seems that Newtek has gotte an FCC approval for Industrial use only at this
time.  That means not for sale to consumers yet.  I recently talked to the
person responsible for dealer sales and she told me that the holdup was the
printing and packaging at this point.  I wouldn't expect to see them shipping
until the middle of October.  Some dealers may receive them in the next 2 week
however.  Only those dealers who specificly sell to the industrial video
market will have them however as the consumer FCC approval is still pending.

-- Bob
______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl         |         Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil      |       America Online: Graphics3d
Internet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com       |           CompuServe: RIP
_________                                                          ___________
          Raven Enterprises  25 Raven Avenue  Piscataway, NJ 08854

schur@isi.edu (Sean Schur) (09/11/90)

In article <4277@crash.cts.com> bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) writes:

>Seems that Newtek has gotte an FCC approval for Industrial use only at this
>time.  That means not for sale to consumers yet.  I recently talked to the
>person responsible for dealer sales and she told me that the holdup was the
>printing and packaging at this point.  I wouldn't expect to see them shipping
>until the middle of October.  Some dealers may receive them in the next 2 week
>however.  Only those dealers who specificly sell to the industrial video
>market will have them however as the consumer FCC approval is still pending.
>
>-- Bob
>______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

Actually, my dealer spoke with NewTek and I called them myself to confirm:
When they are finally ready to start shipping, they will only be shipping
directly to individual customers for about the first month. They have such
an extensive list of interested customers that they will spend their production
time simply filling those orders. After that time, when they have answered all
pre-distribution inquiries, they will begin to ship to dealers and distributors.

Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/