[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Prototype boards for ZorroII/III/Video bus????

ppessi@niksula.hut.fi (Pekka Pessi) (08/24/90)

	Is there any decent prototype boards for ZorroII bus? I reckon
	that somebody mentioned that he sells some cards that have
	both the ISA and Zorro card edge connectors. I'm also
	interested in any pointers to prototype boards with
	B2000/A3000 type video connectors (card that fits uppermost
	slot in A3000).

				Pekka Pessi

--
ppessi@niksula.hut.fi !		M{ kaunehin oon
tel +358 0 455 4757    	!		ja tied{nkin sen

billsey@agora.uucp (Bill Seymour) (08/25/90)

In article <PPESSI.90Aug24013437@punisher.hut.fi> ppessi@niksula.hut.fi (Pekka Pessi) writes:
:
:	Is there any decent prototype boards for ZorroII bus? I reckon
:	that somebody mentioned that he sells some cards that have
:	both the ISA and Zorro card edge connectors. I'm also
:	interested in any pointers to prototype boards with
:	B2000/A3000 type video connectors (card that fits uppermost
:	slot in A3000).

	We sell three different types of Prototyping boards for the Amiga.
The AM-200A is a Zorro II/III board with ISA connector for the 2000/3000.
The AM-200Z is a Zorro II/III board without the ISA connector. The AM-200B
is a video slow/coprocessor slot card for the 2000. I'm afraid though that
we didn't anticipate Commodore enough on that one, and the 86 pin coprocessor
connector isn't quite at the right place to use it as a video/Zorro III
board. :-( Each board has a full ground and power grid, with either two
(AM-200A/AM-200Z) or three (AM-200B) 15x15 PGA grids. We've tried to keep
things as clean as possible...
	Call our marketing people at B.E.S.T., Inc. (503) 653-2090 or write
PO box 22066, Portland, OR 97222 for pricing and stuff like that... You
probably also want to specify what you want for shipping, since I don't know
what's best to get between here and Finland. :-)
		Bill Seymour, NES, Inc.

:				Pekka Pessi
:
:--
:ppessi@niksula.hut.fi !		M{ kaunehin oon
:tel +358 0 455 4757    	!		ja tied{nkin sen
:JMT 11E122;  02150 Espoo   !			ja siks' m{ Mua aina aattelen
:							- Pekka Pessi

--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
Bejed, Inc.       NES, Inc.        Northwest Amiga Group    At Home Sometimes

In article <PPESSI.90Aug24013437@punisher.hut.fi> ppessi@niksula.hut.fi (Pekka Pessi) writes:

>	Is there any decent prototype boards for ZorroII bus? I reckon

If you want to stay within Europe then try the Munich company Edotronik.
They sell prototype boards with the autoconfig circuitry already on there.
Phone: 0049 / 89 / 404093

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk

billsey@agora.uucp (Bill Seymour) (08/28/90)

In article <326@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
:In article <PPESSI.90Aug24013437@punisher.hut.fi> ppessi@niksula.hut.fi (Pekka Pessi) writes:
:>
:>	Is there any decent prototype boards for ZorroII bus? I reckon
:
:If you want to stay within Europe then try the Munich company Edotronik.
:They sell prototype boards with the autoconfig circuitry already on there.
:Phone: 0049 / 89 / 404093

	Does thiers have the ISA bus on it also? I wasn't aware of any
others that did... We looked long and hard at putting some sort of auto-
config circuit on our boards, but decided there were so many good ways
to implement it that it just didn't justify forcing one type. I tend to
do it all within a PAL, instead of using the 521... And an EPROM would
be even better for someone trying lots of different designs. (Too bad
it's so hard to find four bit wide EPROMs. :-})

:--

knurlin@trwspf.uucp (Scott Karlin) (08/28/90)

In article <326@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
>In article <PPESSI.90Aug24013437@punisher.hut.fi> ppessi@niksula.hut.fi (Pekka Pessi) writes:
>>
>>	Is there any decent prototype boards for ZorroII bus? I reckon

Celestial Systems has a Zorro II/III prototyping board (blank - no
autoconfiguration layout).  Their address is:
1116-A 8th Street, Suite 165, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(213) 372-1229

--
-- Scott Karlin                 knurlin@alnath.spf.trw.com
   TRW                          Phone:   (213) 812-7335

In article <1990Aug27.214723.4484@agora.uucp> billsey@agora.uucp (Bill Seymour) writes:
>In article <326@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
>:In article <PPESSI.90Aug24013437@punisher.hut.fi> ppessi@niksula.hut.fi (Pekka Pessi) writes:
>:>
>:>	Is there any decent prototype boards for ZorroII bus? I reckon
>:
>:If you want to stay within Europe then try the Munich company Edotronik.
>:They sell prototype boards with the autoconfig circuitry already on there.
>:Phone: 0049 / 89 / 404093
>
>	Does thiers have the ISA bus on it also? I wasn't aware of any
>others that did.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood, NO ISA here, pure Amiga.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk

jdickson@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Jeff Dickson) (09/11/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.hardware
Subject: Zorro Z80 boards
	Are there any Z80 Zorro bus boards available? I really would like
to regain the ability to use the Z80 in various hardware projects
be able to write the firmware for it in Z80 assembly language.

	If not, then is it a viable alternative to retrofit my A2000 with a
Brideboard and obtain the Z80 board made for IBM PC's?

					Jeff