[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Internal Modem not recognized?

MT0LSANU@MIAMIU.BITNET (Tak) (09/14/90)

I've got an internal modem that works fine with my
VLT428.  It also works quite well with Access!  I've also got a device
in my devs directory called modem0.device.
   My problem -- Jr.Comm and Meshugena won't recognize my internal
modem.  Is there a set-up string that I need to use, or is there a
hardware adjustment that I need to make? (jumper?)  Or could  it be
that these programs are hardcoded to send to the serial port?  I kind, of
doubt it because Jr.Comm is an otherwise well written program.

     Any help?
                  -Tak

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/15/90)

MT0LSANU@MIAMIU.BITNET (Tak) writes:

> I've got an internal modem that works fine with my
> VLT428.  It also works quite well with Access!  I've also got a device
> in my devs directory called modem0.device.
>    My problem -- Jr.Comm and Meshugena won't recognize my internal
> modem.  Is there a set-up string that I need to use, or is there a
> hardware adjustment that I need to make? (jumper?)  Or could  it be
> that these programs are hardcoded to send to the serial port?  I kind, of
> doubt it because Jr.Comm is an otherwise well written program.
>
>      Any help?
>                   -Tak

Well...JR-Comm .94a and 1.0 noth have options to use the device you use
for your modem. Just check the menu item "general" (right-amiga 8 on
JR-Comm 1.0) and there should be an option for serial device and serial
unit. change that to "modem0.device" and change the unit number (unless
you have more than one) to "0". JR-Comm will automatically use the
modem0.device instead of serial.device which drives the standard serial
port.

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP