[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Internal 2090A SCSI

In <c38v02ukc9P801@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) writes:
>I am considering getting a Quantum 105 Meg drive for my A2500.
>
>I curently have a 2090A with a Rodime ST506 40 Meg drive (internal).
>
>I have a few questions....
>
>1 - Can I hook the Quantum to the INTERNAL SCSI connector on the
>    2090A? If so, what sort of cable do I need?

Yes. You will need a 50 conductor ribbon cable with a 'Berg' connector on each
end. Just take a look at the 2090A's internals connector. Both ends of the
cable will require a connetor that will mate with this.

>2 - If I do hook up the Quantum to the internal connector, can I still
>    use my ST506 drive? Which one can/should I boot off of?

Yes. Your choice of what to boot from.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (09/19/90)

I am considering getting a Quantum 105 Meg drive for my A2500.

I curently have a 2090A with a Rodime ST506 40 Meg drive (internal).

I have a few questions....

1 - Can I hook the Quantum to the INTERNAL SCSI connector on the
    2090A? If so, what sort of cable do I need?

2 - If I do hook up the Quantum to the internal connector, can I still
    use my ST506 drive? Which one can/should I boot off of?

Thanks in advance!!!

Dave Lowrey
--
"I don't call it charity, |  These be my words, not my employer's!
 I call it Responsibility |Dave Lowrey - Amdahl Corp. - Houston, TX