[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Help needed getting Miniscribe 8450 preped on 2090A

dabst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Douglas A. Balog) (09/21/90)

Has anyone out there got a Miniscribe 8450 prepped and formated to 40
megs on a 2090A ?  The best I could get was 20 megs ? I bought this thing for
$200 at a computer expo, it came with no documentation.

Thanks,

Douglas Balog
dabst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu
balog@hgrail.psc.edu

In <40499@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, dabst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Douglas A. Balog) writes:
>Has anyone out there got a Miniscribe 8450 prepped and formated to 40
>megs on a 2090A ?  The best I could get was 20 megs ? I bought this thing for
>$200 at a computer expo, it came with no documentation.

This drive has 771 cylinders, 4 heads, and 26 sectors per track. It is also an
ST506, RLL drive.  If your controller does not handle RLL (examle, 2090(a)),
you will not get 40 megs on it. If this is the case, format to 17 sectors per
track.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill