[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Flakey Floppy, the saga continues

C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Eric Edwards) (09/22/90)

Help!  On my three floppy A500 only two disks will ever write properly and
 usually it's only one.  This changes over time and on cold boots.  I don't
think it's the drives.  The Pioneer was checked out recently and the Supra
is brand new but exibits the same behavoir.

If i use only one external drive, the external drive NEVER writes correctly.

I've tried the swapping the 8520's, that didn't help.  It doesn't matter what
i boot from.  The local service person is stumped and so am I.

Can someone with Commodore or ANYONE who knows something about this problem
please respond?

Eric Edwards: c506634 @    "The 3090.  Proof that by applying state of the
Inet: umcvmb.missouri.edu   art technology to an obsolete architecture,
Bitnet: umcvmb.bitnet       one can achieve mediocre performance."

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/23/90)

C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Eric Edwards) writes:

> Help!  On my three floppy A500 only two disks will ever write properly and
>  usually it's only one.  This changes over time and on cold boots.  I don't
> think it's the drives.  The Pioneer was checked out recently and the Supra
> is brand new but exibits the same behavoir.
>
> If i use only one external drive, the external drive NEVER writes correctly.
>
> I've tried the swapping the 8520's, that didn't help.  It doesn't matter what
> i boot from.  The local service person is stumped and so am I.
>
> Can someone with Commodore or ANYONE who knows something about this problem
> please respond?
>
> Eric Edwards: c506634 @    "The 3090.  Proof that by applying state of the
> Inet: umcvmb.missouri.edu   art technology to an obsolete architecture,
> Bitnet: umcvmb.bitnet       one can achieve mediocre performance."

Hiya, Eric....nope..never seen the problem but I'll ask at my users group
about it...

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu