[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3000 3.5

In <7943@milton.u.washington.edu>, dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:
>Can the 3.5" bay on the A3000 hold a tape drive without mangling the case
>(I've been told that if I take the cover off the second bay it simply reveals
>a second floppy hole, meaning that I can add another floppy or hd, but no
>tape.  I could just open the machine and look myself, but that'd mean I'd
>have to turn it off...  :-)

Do you know of a 3.5" tape drive? The only ones I have seen are 5 1/4", both
full and half height. They won't fit.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

stan@phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) (09/24/90)

>>Can the 3.5" bay on the A3000 hold a tape drive without mangling the case
>>(I've been told that if I take the cover off the second bay it simply reveals
>>a second floppy hole, meaning that I can add another floppy or hd, but no
>>tape.  I could just open the machine and look myself, but that'd mean I'd
>>have to turn it off...  :-)
>
>Do you know of a 3.5" tape drive? The only ones I have seen are 5 1/4", both
>full and half height. They won't fit.
>
>-larry
>
>--

We use a Teac 3.5" 155Meg tape drive in some of our products.  They're a half
height drive that use a special data cartridge that's look just like an
audio cassette with an extra notch in the top.  They have an embedded
SCSI controller and are in the same performance league as the 2150 Archive
(5.25" 150Meg) drives.  Pretty cool little drives.. I think they wholesale
in volume for around $250, just a guesstamate.

Stan

  Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com  -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -   Voice (602) 438-3228
  Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running SkyLine 1.31 @ (602) 893-0804