[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Transputer boards

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (09/25/90)

In article <CIMSHOP!DAVIDM.90Sep23212256@uunet.UU.NET> cimshop!davidm@uunet.UU.NET (David S. Masterson) writes:
>Perhaps, but weren't the T800s additive in nature.  I thought I heard of a 4
>(or was it 8) processor Amiga system that was supposedly capable of 120 MIPS.

First off, transputer boards are still available.  They are used
by other companies in a variety of applications, including the
latest buzzword, "virtual reality".

I'm in the process of writing a parallel ray-tracer.  I hope to port
it to the transputer board once it gets up to snuff. (And provided
some kind transputer board manu gives me a developer's discount so
I can afford it. :-)
--
J. Eric Townsend -- University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics (713) 749-2120
Internet: jet@uh.edu