[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3000 == no internal tape!

In <8089@milton.u.washington.edu>, dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:
>Since no one responded to my query about the A3000 3.5" expantion bay,
>I took the cover off this morning.  The cut out is identical to the df0:
>bay, making internal use of one of Teac's 3.5" form factor tape drives
>(about $450 retail) impossible.  This is highly annoying.
>
>I like this machine, and the case is pretty, but the case is terribly
>non-functional.  The on/off button is very kludgy, the rubber feet on the
>buttom are poorly attached (I've already lost one), and, like I said, the
>internal expantion bay won't accept anything but standard floppy (or
>maybe a hd).

Not maybe... it WILL take a hard drive. I have one in that spot.

As for the cutout... well, that's for one of the two most likely periperals to
be put in that spot. A littly judicious cutting will do wonders for the fit of
a tape drive, or use an external case.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (09/25/90)

-Dale Larson  (dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu)