[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Two devices on one serial port?

u715@jsp.umontreal.ca (Beliveau Steeve) (10/10/90)

	Here is a problem I'd like to submit to all of you.  I want to
attach two devices to my serial port ( a null modem and a modem).  The
question is: How can I have these two attached at the same time without
adding a dual serial port card to my computer (which card would not fit
nicely in my A500 :).  What kind of switch should I use?  Or even better
is it possible for the Amiga to select by software which device to use?
      Thanks in advance!

	Steeve Beliveau          | Allen's Axiom:  When all else fails,
email : u715@jsp.umontreal.ca    |                 follow the instructions.

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (10/13/90)

In article <1990Oct9.175525.15094@IRO.UMontreal.CA> u715@jsp.umontreal.ca (Beliveau Steeve) writes:
>I want to attach two devices to my serial port ( a null modem and a modem).
>What kind of switch should I use?

Buy an A-B switch that switches all 25 pins.  My serial port drives two modems,
dot-matrix and daisy-wheel printers.  I picked up a no-name A-B-C-D switch
at Fry's for $29.  Works for me.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms