[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Nexus SCSI controller

jdp@caleb.UUCP (Jim Pritchett) (10/16/90)

[]

At Metcom (our local users group show) a new company called Advanced
Storage Systems showed their new Nexus SCSI controller.  It is supposed
to be faster than the A2091.  It also has a memory option for up to 4 MB
of SIMMs.  It also has the capability of running SCSI tape drives (with
software drivers.)  It looked nice, but I would like to hear from some
users out there.  Does anyone out there have one of these yet?  Could
you provide a review?

By the way, (before you ask) no speed numbers were provided.

                             Thanks,

--

                                                Jim Pritchett

UUCP:  texsun.central.sun.com!letni!rwsys!caleb!jdp
 or    letni.lonestar.org!dms3b1!caleb!jdp

lshaw@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (logan shaw) (10/17/90)

In article <10209.AA10209@caleb> jdp@caleb.UUCP (Jim Pritchett) writes:
>[]
>
>At Metcom (our local users group show) a new company called Advanced
>Storage Systems showed their new Nexus SCSI controller.  It is supposed
>users out there.  Does anyone out there have one of these yet?  Could
>you provide a review?

And, why did they choose Advanced Storage Systems as their company name?
(Think of the acronym).

>                                                Jim Pritchett
>
>UUCP:  texsun.central.sun.com!letni!rwsys!caleb!jdp
> or    letni.lonestar.org!dms3b1!caleb!jdp

But there's more to this life than living and dying,\               Logan Shaw
More than just trying to make it through the day,    \lshaw@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
More to this life, more than these eyes alone can see,\    Amiga 2000, C= 1084
And there's more than this life alone can be.          \        GVP 40Q, 8-up!