[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Interference

ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) (10/18/90)

	Has anybody had problems with Amigas interfering with TV channels?
My parents keep whinging when I have it on, and I can understand it when I
see the reception. The worst interference is on VHF channel 2, although
7 9 and 10 (all the VHF channels we have) are affected as well. The UHF
channel 28 is not affected at all.

	Is there any reason for this? I used to have a 500, and the
interference was a little worse than with the 2000. It affects the telly
that's about 3 metres away the worst, but affects all of them including
the downstairs ones.

				Ian

Ian Rowlands                     | Work : ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, |     OR munnari!mullian!ianr@uunet.uu.net
 (including Computer Science)    | Home : ianr@gpark.pub.uu.oz.au (soon)
University of Melbourne          |     OR munnari!labtam!eyrie!gpark!ianr@uunet

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (10/19/90)

In article <5808@munnari.oz.au> ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:
>	Has anybody had problems with Amigas interfering with TV channels?

Why, yes -- so I have.

>My parents keep whinging when I have it on, and I can understand it when I
>see the reception.

Of course, in the states it's a blessing -- much better than the slop folks
around here call entertainment.  And we wonder why our products can't
compete...

>The UHF channel 28 is not affected at all.

My VHF 2 4 5 and 11 were unwatchable.  I mean, total GREEN with YELLOW-ANT
screen here, dudes.  7 and 9 were viewable, but you tended to see
squigglies wherever else you looked.  UHF channels were okay.

I had my TV ON TOP of my A500 [highly modified and hacked at that.]

The Cure?  Read a book.  They suffer from perception, not reception ;) ;)

The reception is being interfered with by the signals that are leaking out
of your computer.  Maybe try encasing in a couple inches of conducting
metal -- see if that works ;)

David Navas                                   navas@cory.berkeley.edu
Get -MB- off the net, elect him as our next Vice President.  [It's a joke.]