[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] How do I adapt PC 3.5" floppy drives for Amiga?

jdutka@wpi.WPI.EDU (John Dutka) (10/15/90)

I have a question - I have a chance to buy 3.5" floppy drives from my college
for $60 each, so is there any way I can install the Panasonic drives they
sell and install them as the second internal drive in my 3000?
Please respond via E-Mail...

--
| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "Hey, baby - wanna do some HEAT TRANSFER?           |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  Heh, heh, heh!"                                    |

bob@NCoast.ORG (Bob Allison) (10/19/90)

In a previous article, jdutka@wpi.WPI.EDU (John Dutka) writes:

>I have a question - I have a chance to buy 3.5" floppy drives from my college
>for $60 each, so is there any way I can install the Panasonic drives they
>sell and install them as the second internal drive in my 3000?
>Please respond via E-Mail...

   Well, I have a similar situation. I acquired an external 3.5" drive that
was used with an I*M Wordprocessor. The drive itself is an ALPS drive, and
the model no. is 246809 (IF that model no. helps).
   The drive looks like a standard OEM item, so I was wondering if I could
interface this puppy to my Amiga 1000.
   Any help is greatly appreciated!

----

--
"Setting too good an      | Bob Allison    | Standard disclaimer:
 example is a kind of     | bob@ncoast.org | "Who, ME??!? I didn't say THAT!!"