[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Help adding RAm to the A2091 SCSI board

bourkej@ul.ie (10/18/90)

Has anyone had trouble adding RAM to the A2091.  I added the 16 44C256 chips,
which have 80ns access time, and it won't boot. (yup I moved the jumper)

John Bourke								 O-O
<bourkej@ul.ie>								  |
Information Technology Department,					# _ #
University Of Limerick, Ireland.					 ###

plav@cup.portal.com (Rick M Plavnicky) (10/21/90)

bourkej@ul.ie recently wrote:

>Has anyone had trouble adding RAM to the A2091.  I added the 16 44C256 chips,
>which have 80ns access time, and it won't boot. (yup I moved the jumper)

Yes, and I wrote about it previously under the heading of "C= quality
control" or something similar.

Try examining the back of the 2091 (solder side) in the area of the RAM
sockets for solderless areas, solder bridges, etc.  Since your 2091
works fine without the RAM (right?) that's probably where you'll find
the trouble (assuming the RAM itself is good).  Adding RAM
incrementally may help.

What threw me was one of the manuals, which stated (paraphrasing) that
"the 2091 was tested at the factory with its full compliment of
RAM..."   I don't think so.

/* Rick Plavnicky ...!sun!cup.portal.com!plav  -or-  plav@cup.portal.com */