[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Citizen 140 printer

denny@pnet01.cts.com (Dennis Anderson) (10/21/90)

A friend is considering buying a Citizen 140 printer but would like some info
on it. ANY info will be greatly apreciated! Does this printer have a
Commodore suppoted printer driver for 1.3 and 2.0 dos? If not, is there a
third party driver for it. If not again, does the printer work well using the
EpsonQ driver (which it emulates)? PLEASE, any info will be a big help to her
as she wants this printer IF it works well with 1.3 and 2.0 dos.  Thanks.
                                               Dennis Anderson

gerber@buzzer.enet.dec.com (Robert M. Gerber) (10/22/90)

In article <5174@crash.cts.com>, denny@pnet01.cts.com (Dennis Anderson) writes:
|> A friend is considering buying a Citizen 140 printer but would like some
info
|> on it. ANY info will be greatly apreciated! Does this printer have a
|> Commodore suppoted printer driver for 1.3 and 2.0 dos?
|>                                                Dennis Anderson

The EpsonQ driver from Commodore is the recommended driver for it.  Thr printer
has one density that may not be supported by the EpsonQ driver (As reported by
someone else...I have not needed 360*360 density...)
The EpsonQ driver does support color...  You may need to play in preferences
with the color adjustment and such.

The printer does work well,  I've seen some very good pictures from it.  The
draft mode is very readable & the letter quality looks almost like a real
typewrite especially when you you good typing paper.

The printer itself is a super set of the Panasonic 24 pin printer which is
a superset of the Epson series printers..

I hope this helps...

---------
Robert M. Gerber		  UUCP:	...!decwrl!oldjon.enet!gerber
				  INET:	gerber@oldjon.enet.dec.com

Any opinions represented here are definetly not those of my employer.
Come to think of it, they may not be mine either!

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct22.102438@buzzer.enet.dec.com> gerber@oldjon.enet.dec.com writes:
>The EpsonQ driver from Commodore is the recommended driver for it.  Thr printer
>has one density that may not be supported by the EpsonQ driver (As reported by
>someone else...I have not needed 360*360 density...)

That was probably me.
There is a real fix for it.  The printer driver "EpsonqPlus.lzh" is sitting
on abcfd20 in the /amiga/incoming directory.  It works well and is written
by WFAUST.

>The printer does work well,  I've seen some very good pictures from it.  The
>draft mode is very readable & the letter quality looks almost like a real
>typewrite especially when you you good typing paper.

I'll second that, I have been very happy with the printer.

David Navas                                   navas@cory.berkeley.edu
Get -MB- off the net, elect him as our next Vice President.  [It's a joke.]