[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] SuperFat Agnus/Super Denise Numbers

clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) (10/23/90)

        I have gotten a few responses to my earlier post about the numbers
for the new chips (Thanks Dave).  I think a few people mis-understood my
question (actually made it harder than it was).  While I now know how to
tell which chips are in my machine by software (:-) I will not be
installing these chips in my computer as I walk from booth to booth at the
show.  Are there any unique numbers indicating the new OFFICIAL release
version of both chips printed on the outside of the chips.  Is this the
8732A chip?

--
 Craig Lemon - Kitchener, Ontario. Amiga B2000/10--2400 bps--AmigaUUCP 1.03D
 clemon@lemsys.UUCP   or   lemsys!clemon@xenitec.on.ca

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (10/24/90)

In article <3387.656657488@lemsys.UUCP> clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) writes:

>        I have gotten a few responses to my earlier post about the numbers
>for the new chips (Thanks Dave).  I think a few people mis-understood my
>question (actually made it harder than it was).  While I now know how to
>tell which chips are in my machine by software (:-) I will not be
>installing these chips in my computer as I walk from booth to booth at the
>show.  Are there any unique numbers indicating the new OFFICIAL release
>version of both chips printed on the outside of the chips.  Is this the
>8732A chip?
>
>--
> Craig Lemon - Kitchener, Ontario. Amiga B2000/10--2400 bps--AmigaUUCP 1.03D
> clemon@lemsys.UUCP   or   lemsys!clemon@xenitec.on.ca
> ....!{uunet}!watmath!xenitec!lemsys!clemon

The chip model numbers for the ECS chipset is:

1 meg Agnus: 8372A
2 meg Agnus: 8372B (A3000 only)

ECS Denise: 8373

Note that for the Agnus chips the same chip now does both NTSC and PAL.

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"