[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga <-> MPS1200

aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) (10/23/90)

Hi,
   I used to have a C-64 computer with a MPS-1200.  Not too long ago I
decided to upgrade to an Amiga, (wise choice :-) and sold the C-64.  I
was going to sell the MPS-1200 printer, but according to its manual,
there is supposed to be a Cartridge that will let me use my MPS-1200
with my Amiga.  I went to my Local, Friendly Commodore dealer, and he
didn't know what I was talking about.  Anyways, what I want to know is
if that Cartridge does exist, and where can I get it from?

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/24/90)

In article <12705@chaph.usc.edu>, aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) writes:
> Hi,
>    I used to have a C-64 computer with a MPS-1200.  Not too long ago I
> decided to upgrade to an Amiga, (wise choice :-) and sold the C-64.  I
> was going to sell the MPS-1200 printer, but according to its manual,
> there is supposed to be a Cartridge that will let me use my MPS-1200
> with my Amiga.  I went to my Local, Friendly Commodore dealer, and he
> didn't know what I was talking about.  Anyways, what I want to know is
> if that Cartridge does exist, and where can I get it from?

I too had an MPS-1200 and wanted to use it with my Amiga.  I also heard
about the fabled cartridge that will allow you to use with the Amiga.  So
I went down to my local dealer and ordered one.  Well, I waited nearly
4 months and they still hadn't got it in yet.  This has been nearly a
year ago.  Shortly afterwords I gave up the search and bought an
Epson LQ-510 instead.  Not a bad printer.  24-pin dot matrix with max
360x360 dpi and pretty fast as well.  You might consider dumping your
MPS-1200 and just buying another printer.

David Poland
2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu (10/26/90)

I am using my MPS1200 with my Amiga.  I called Commodore cust. service and
after a few calls they finally understood what I was asking for.  They gave
me a part number and I went to my local dealer armed with it.  I think it
took around a month for it to arive and it cost between $30 and $40.  It works
fine, though I had to guess on the dip switch setting (it only had one bank of
switches and the mps 1250 evidently has two)

                          L8R,      ___     TEW105@PSUVM.PSU.EDU