[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Motherboard Revision

keith@actrix.co.nz (Keith Stewart) (11/04/90)

Following the discussion about someones problem with their 2000 I would
like to ask the wisdom of the NET to give me a definitive answer. I have
tried to get some sense from our local dealer but it is very hard.
I have a B2000 with motherboard version 4.5. I got my dealer to put in
the Obese Angus chip so I have 1 MEG of CHIP RAM.
Everything works OK.
Is there anything else needed to be done to the 2000 to upgrade it to
the latest version of the motherboard. If so what is the advantage as
everything seems to be OK at present. I have a 2058 added but am soon to
get a 2091 +40 (Mail order as our local Commodore distributor does not
sell them here).
Any help gratefully received.

In <1990Nov4.002246.9623@actrix.co.nz>, keith@actrix.co.nz (Keith Stewart) writes:
>Following the discussion about someones problem with their 2000 I would
>like to ask the wisdom of the NET to give me a definitive answer. I have
>tried to get some sense from our local dealer but it is very hard.
>I have a B2000 with motherboard version 4.5. I got my dealer to put in
>the Obese Angus chip so I have 1 MEG of CHIP RAM.
>Everything works OK.
>Is there anything else needed to be done to the 2000 to upgrade it to
>the latest version of the motherboard. If so what is the advantage as
>everything seems to be OK at present. I have a 2058 added but am soon to
>get a 2091 +40 (Mail order as our local Commodore distributor does not
>sell them here).
>Any help gratefully received.

I'd wait until you try the 2091 in it, before making a decision to upgrade or
not. Rev 4.6 should work just fine with the 2091, but if it gives you problems,
it isn't much to bring it up to spec frrom 4.5.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill