[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3000/16 to 20 MHz upgrade possible

gmreise@cs.vu.nl (Reisenstadt G M) (11/06/90)

...I would have posted earlier, but I forgot where the ad was...

In a small ad in the german "Amiga" magazine (Markt&Technic) a company
called "Omega Datentechnik" sells A3000/16s that can be upgraded to
20 MHz. Nothing else is said about tech. details.

The address is:

OMEGA Datentechnik
Junkerstr. 2
2900 Oldenburg FRG

They also claim to be a "Commodore Fachhandel", the equivalent of an
authorized systems dealer.

16 Mhz to 20 Mhz is -in my view- a significant speedup, worth further
investigation.

Marco Niese        (gmreise@cs.vu.nl)
The most powerful computer is not the one you have to use at work, it is
the system you want to own yourself: Amiga.

In article <8138@star.cs.vu.nl> gmreise@cs.vu.nl (Reisenstadt G M) writes:

>In a small ad in the german "Amiga" magazine (Markt&Technic) a company
>called "Omega Datentechnik" sells A3000/16s that can be upgraded to
>20 MHz. Nothing else is said about tech. details.

All A3000/16s can be upgraded to 25MHz, with the right Coprocessor slot
board.  20MHz sounds pretty strange, though -- it's most likely possible
to run at 20MHz if you tell the system you're going at 25MHz, but I don't
know why you would want to do that rather than go for the full 25MHz.  It's
possible to run a CPU subsystem beyond 25MHz, but the A3000 motherboard
can only be run up to 25MHz.

	Standing on the shoulders of giants leaves me cold	-REM