[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] GVP's ed pricing

ieee@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (IEEE) (11/09/90)

Does anyone know the terms of GVP's educational discount?  It's in their
ads in Amiga World (at the bottom).  I requested info from them, but
haven't heard anything yet.  Also, how are their Series II HD's for the
500?  They sure look nice!  Any info would be appreciated....

			Thanks,

			Gary Clark

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/10/90)

ieee@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (IEEE) writes:

> Does anyone know the terms of GVP's educational discount?  It's in their
> ads in Amiga World (at the bottom).  I requested info from them, but
> haven't heard anything yet.  Also, how are their Series II HD's for the
> 500?  They sure look nice!  Any info would be appreciated....

I'll post it again. For those who want SCSI controllers for the
A500/2x00! Commodore's controllers are faster. With the A2091 (currently
shipping versions, with the bug free WD SCSI chip) it's about the same
price as the GVP Series II SCSI, and it slightly faster. I think to only
faster Amiga SCSI controllers that are faster are the DMAC chip in the
A3000 (Lots of $$$$$) and the TrumpCard Pro. (slightly less $$$$)
> 			Thanks,
>
> 			Gary Clark

Joseph Hillenburg, Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group (BAUG)
joseph@valnet.UUCP                         ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
"Only Apple could slow down a 68000 chip." -Computer Shopper