[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A2090-help

pfmnews@cbnewsi.att.com (peter.f.meng) (11/10/90)

	This is a follow up to my previous posting about problems
	with the A2090 controller (with ST-506 disk) and Microbotics
	8-UP RAM board. I am still looking for a simple solution.

	Does anyone reading this have any of the following hardware
	combinations working on their Amiga 2000:

	    A2090 (with ST-506 disk) and any memory expansion board
				or hopefully,
	    A2090 (with ST-506 disk) and SupraRAM 2000 RAM board

	If the last combination works, then I could purchase the Supra
	memory board and use the DIP chips from my Microbotics
	board so all is not a total loss.

						Thanks in advance,
						Peter Meng
						att!hotlf!pfm
						(201)577-5400

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org ( Staff OACIS) (11/10/90)

In article <1990Nov9.193024.23784@cbnewsi.att.com> pfmnews@cbnewsi.att.com (peter.f.meng) writes:
>	Does anyone reading this have any of the following hardware
>	combinations working on their Amiga 2000:
>
>	    A2090 (with ST-506 disk) and any memory expansion board

I ran for several years with a an A2090 and Commodore's 2-meg RAM board. I
occasionally had problems, but I believe them to be motherboard or connector
related, since the problem would go away when the A2090 was pulled and
re-seated, and I haven't experienced a problems since I changed slots.

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (11/10/90)

> jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org writes:
>
> I ran for several years with a an A2090 and Commodore's 2-meg RAM board. I
> occasionally had problems, but I believe them to be motherboard or connector
> related, since the problem would go away when the A2090 was pulled and
> re-seated, and I haven't experienced a problems since I changed slots.

Well, I had the exact same problems with my ST506 drives a few years back.
Ever since I switched to SCSI, the problem has never reoccurred.

George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin