[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2 monitors on an A3000

rsn@ndmath.UUCP (Ross Niebergall) (11/10/90)

If I have two monitors connected to an A3000, one being the A1950
and the other being a 1084 (both connected in the usual ways), is there
any way that the video output to each of them could be programmed to be
different.  In particular, I would like to open a differenct screen
on the 1950 for some graphics, and perform input/output by viewing the
1084.  Is this impossible under the current hardware configuration?

Thanks,

Ross Niebergall, Department of Mathematics, University of Notre Dame
rsn@ndmath.math.nd.edu	rsn@cartan.math.nd.edu

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (11/11/90)

In article <1971@ndmath.UUCP> rsn@ndmath.UUCP (Ross Niebergall) writes:
>If I have two monitors connected to an A3000, one being the A1950
>and the other being a 1084 (both connected in the usual ways), is there
>any way that the video output to each of them could be programmed to be
>different.  In particular, I would like to open a differenct screen
>on the 1950 for some graphics, and perform input/output by viewing the
>1084.  Is this impossible under the current hardware configuration?
>
>Thanks,
>

>Ross Niebergall, Department of Mathematics, University of Notre Dame
>rsn@ndmath.math.nd.edu	rsn@cartan.math.nd.edu

No, because the 1950 being connected to the DB15 connector (marked
31Khz) is just the display enhanced output of the same video data
present on the DB23 connector (marked 15Khz) and connected to the 1084.

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"