[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] SMD <-> SCSI

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (11/06/90)

Hi.  Is there a protocol conversion board available to convert between
SCSI and SMD?  Manufacturer?  Anybody got one they are willing to sell
cheaply?
			Thanks, Ralph

Ralph Seguin			gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu
536 South Forest Apt. #915	gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48104		(313) 662-4805

In <1332@tardis.Tymnet.COM>, jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
>In article <1990Nov5.184304.21624@engin.umich.edu> gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:
>>Is there a protocol conversion board to convert between SCSI and SMD?
>
>What are you planing to do?  Hook a Fujitsu Eagle to your Amiga?

Funny you should ask that.  A friend of mine called me about a month ago and
told me he had picked up a drive at an auction, and wondered which host adapter
he should use. I assumed it was a SCSI drive, but as we talked, it became
apparent that it was indeed a Fujitsu Eagle. Well, I was able to point him at a
possible source of a SCSI<->DMS controller, available from 'Computer Surplus
Store' (aka Wierd Stuff Warehouse), in Santa Clara. Their ads are in the
Computer Shopper. The board (from Adaptec) is selling for either $149 or $179,
depending on whether you are shopping in person or over the phone.

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.