[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Upgrading memory on a A3000

etxpnil@etxsj23.ericsson.se (Per Nilsson TT/SJG 98194 ) (11/12/90)

My brother has recently bought a Amiga 3000.
He now wants to upgrade the memory in it.
Can he use the memorychips from his A590 harddrive ?
The chips in the A590 is 4x256k DRAM 80 ns.
How does he install the chips on the Amiga 3000 motherboard ?

In article <1990Nov12.092524.10793@ericsson.se> etxpnil@etxsj23.ericsson.se (Per Nilsson TT/SJG 98194 ) writes:
>My brother has recently bought a Amiga 3000.
>He now wants to upgrade the memory in it.
>Can he use the memorychips from his A590 harddrive ?
>The chips in the A590 is 4x256k DRAM 80 ns.
>How does he install the chips on the Amiga 3000 motherboard ?

Those Chips can be used as a second 1 meg of Chip memory.  The instructions
for adding Chip memory are in the A3000 manual.  They can't be used for
upgrade of the Fast memory, since it requires ZIP packaged DRAM, not the
DIPs from the A590.
	Standing on the shoulders of giants leaves me cold	-REM