[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Another A590 question

martijn@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Reinalda M.) (11/15/90)

Swapping the standard A590 HD with a 40MB HD. Is it really as simple
as removing the 20MB and plugging another one in ? There's also a second
HD connector in the A590. Will a second HD fit in the A590 box? Will any
3.5 inch HD do ???

  ** Keyboard error or no keyboard present. Press any key to continue. **
  **                                                              IBM. **
  **                  E-mail : martijn@DNLUNX.UUCP                     **

In article <3892@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl> martijn@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Reinalda M.) writes:
>Swapping the standard A590 HD with a 40MB HD. Is it really as simple
>as removing the 20MB and plugging another one in ? There's also a second
>HD connector in the A590. Will a second HD fit in the A590 box? Will any
>3.5 inch HD do ???

	It's quite easy.  You can plug a 3.5" SCSI HD into the A590, there
is a connector there (you'll need a short 50-pin cable).  WARNING:  I suspect
doing so will void your warrantee, etc, etc, etc.  There is no space for
a second drive (it isn't THAT big!) :-)  Of course, make sure you have the
cable hooked up right (pin 1 to pin 1).

	After adding it, just run hdtoolbox and set up the drive like
you would an external SCSI drive.  Poof.

Disclaimer: I'm talking for myself, not Commodore.
Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"