[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2-Meg Agnus in the A2000

smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steve Palm) (11/14/90)

There is a product advertised by 'The GrapeVine Group" in the December 1990
issue of AmigaWorld, page 134.

   "Megachip 2000 -- "Two" Megabytes of chip RAM in your Amiga 2000.  Upgrade
    kit consists of 2 MB Agnus, more RAM, PC Board, full instructions, no
    soldering at all.  We even purchase back your 1 MB Agnus chip.  Call for
    price.  (Includes free chip puller)"

    I called, and they price it at $330-$340, They buy your old Agnus for $25.

I am just curious as to how they pull this off, becuase I had heard it was not
going to be possible to make this work.

--
 --- {rutgers,gatech,ames}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!myamiga!smp --- smp@myamiga ---
    _________________________Or_FidoNet_1:11/16_________________________/

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (11/17/90)

Ooooooooooh.  They'll buy back my 1meg Agnus for a whole $25.
Wow!  Where do I sign up?  Give me a break.  I can sell that
1meg Agnus to any 512k Agnus owner for a solid $75.
--
John  M.  Adams   --**--   Professional Student on the eight-year plan!     ///
Internet:   jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu    ///

slfields@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Scott L Fields) (11/19/90)

In article <25474@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>Ooooooooooh.  They'll buy back my 1meg Agnus for a whole $25.
>Wow!  Where do I sign up?  Give me a break.  I can sell that
>1meg Agnus to any 512k Agnus owner for a solid $75.
Well, who would want to buy your old 512k Agnus. Look at it this way. Sell your
1 meg agnus to someone on condition of trade for his old one. Give the 512k
agnus to them for $25. It could work.