[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Pinouts needed for A1000 video port

papp@remus.rutgers.edu (papp) (11/11/90)

I am trying to hook up a 1080 monitor to an Amiga 1000, but have lost
the cable.  Can anyone tell me what pins go to where?  I know I need
to get a DB-23 connector, but other than that, I am not too sure of
myself.

Thanks,
-Al
| Albert L. Papp III     papp@remus.rutgers.edu <-- yes, good.              |
|                        papp@tsjiang.rutgers.edu <-- no, bad!              |
| Mooooo!!!!!!                ^^^^^^^ - besides, I can't even pronounce it! |
|                                                                           |
| RELAX AND GET INTO THE STRESS!!   Morbid the Cow greets all 10pm Mondays  |

dweaver@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Justin Deeley) (11/19/90)

In <Nov.11.01.39.04.1990.20938@remus.rutgers.edu> papp@remus.rutgers.edu (papp) writes:

>I am trying to hook up a 1080 monitor to an Amiga 1000, but have lost
>the cable.  Can anyone tell me what pins go to where?  I know I need
>to get a DB-23 connector, but other than that, I am not too sure of
>myself.

____
Here are the pin-out for the RGB port -
Pin	Name		Description
1	XCLK		EXTERNAL CLOCK
2	XCLKEN		EXTERNAL CLOCK ENABLE
3	RED		ANALOG RED
4	GREEN		ANALOG GREEN
5	BLUE		ANALOG BLUE
6 	DI		DIGITAL INTENSITY
7	DB		DIGITAL BLUE
8	DG		DIGITAL GREEN
9	DR		DIGITAL RED
10	CSYNC		COMPOSITE SYNC
11	HSYNC		HORIZONTAL SYNC
12	VSYNC		VERTICAL SYNC
13	GNDRTN		RETURN FOR XCLKEN
14	ZD		ZERO DETECT
15	C1		CLOCK OUT
16	GND		GROUND
17	GND		GROUND
18 	GND		GROUND
19	GND		GROUND
20	GND		GROUND
21	-5V		- 5 VOLTS POWER (50 mA)
22	+12V		+ 12 VOLTS POWER (175 mA)
23	-12V		- 12 VOLTS POWER (300 mA)

I hope that these are of some use to you...

Justin Deeley