[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Improving composite output on A1000?

martink@hpdtl.HP.COM (Martin Kruckenberg) (11/16/90)

  I have an A1000 which I would like to use to tape some
animations off of.  I remember a hardware hack to the internal
composite driving circuitry that improved the display quality.
Does anyone have this hack around?  It was something like
changing the capacitors inside.  If you would post it or mail
me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Martin Kruckenberg
martink@hpdtl.hpl.hp.com

bneumeie@hq.af.mil (88-rx359) (11/21/90)

In <22660001@hpdtl.HP.COM> martink@hpdtl.HP.COM (Martin Kruckenberg) writes:

>  I have an A1000 which I would like to use to tape some
>animations off of.  I remember a hardware hack to the internal
>composite driving circuitry that improved the display quality.
>Does anyone have this hack around?  It was something like
>changing the capacitors inside.  If you would post it or mail
>me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Include me in on this too.  Thanx.

Brian Neumeier
bneumeie!sysp1.hq.af.mil
(703)693-6450

ssd@sugar.hackercorp.com (Scott Denham) (11/24/90)

In article <bneumeie.659124946@sysp1>, bneumeie@hq.af.mil (88-rx359) writes:
> In <22660001@hpdtl.HP.COM> martink@hpdtl.HP.COM (Martin Kruckenberg) writes:
>
> >  I have an A1000 which I would like to use to tape some
> >animations off of.  I remember a hardware hack to the internal
> >composite driving circuitry that improved the display quality.
> >Does anyone have this hack around?  It was something like

 Can't seem to find it amongst the "stuff" in my magazine stack, but it's
in an issue of Amazing Computing. The hack is either to change a resistor
to one of a different value, or remove it altogether (depending on what
revision of the A1000 you have).  I did it to my old A1000 when I sold it
to a friend who was going to use it with a big Sony monitor in composite
mode; although the output was not wonderful, the hack did improve the
trueness of the colors considerably - red was red instead of purple...

jones@plains.NoDak.edu (Scott Jones ) (11/29/90)

The hack you guys are looking for is in Amazing Computing Vol 2
issue 7.  If Amazing cant help you out drop me a line, maybe we
can work somthing out..

l8r..
Scott..

Sorry no fancy sig to skip!