[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] SCSI scanner question

emwessel@cs.ruu.nl (Eric van Wessel) (12/03/90)

I would like to connect an Apple Macintosh SCSI flatbed scanner
to my A590 SCSI interface. Does anyone know if this works?
What software should I use to digitise ?

Please E-Mail, thanks

Eric van Wessel  (emwessel@praxis.cs.ruu.nl)

In <4425@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl>, emwessel@cs.ruu.nl (Eric van Wessel) writes:
>I would like to connect an Apple Macintosh SCSI flatbed scanner
>to my A590 SCSI interface. Does anyone know if this works?
>What software should I use to digitise ?

Unless your scanner uses standard disk commands, which is unlikely, you will
have to write (or have written for you), software to run it. There are two
basic (as in fundamental, not as in language) ways to do this. The first, and
perhaps the easiest for most, is to write a specific program that manipulates
the scanner, collects the data, and so on. The second (more difficult for most,
but more versatile), is to write a handler that talks to the device driver and
to the file system, to act as a gobetween.

Sounds like a fun project.

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.