[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Supra 2400zi

milamber@caen.engin.umich.edu (Daryl Scott Cantrell) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec6.184914.6528@cs.dal.ca> dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Anarchy for Peace) writes:
[...]
>Colin DeWolfe
>dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca
>dewolfe@iris1.ucis.dal.ca
>
>P.S.  Is the Supra 2400zi *completely* compatible with the ZorroII/III spec.
>      I also heard that it's device driver is buggy, any comments?

  Yep, I'm netting into this system now from a 2400zi in my A3000.

  As for bugginess, I wrote some serial software a year or so ago, and since
I had the 2400zi at the time, I tried it out.  At first it didn't work with
modem0.device even though it worked with serial.device (Sigh..).  If I re-
member correctly, the device driver assumed you reset io_Actual to 0 or some
such.  Also, even after I fixed it my program exitted with 24 bytes less
free memory whenever I used modem0.device (Damn sloppy if you ask me.).

  Look into AE's Datalink 2000.  It's pretty much the same thing, but has
the potential to do MNP-5 and Send-fax with added extras..

--
|   // Daryl S. Cantrell                |   These opinions are       |