[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Power Bars

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Anarchy for Peace) (12/10/90)

In article <1990Dec6.203903.24237@engin.umich.edu> milamber@caen.engin.umich.edu (Daryl Scott Cantrell) writes:
>In article <1990Dec6.184914.6528@cs.dal.ca> dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Anarchy for Peace) writes:
>[...]
>>Colin DeWolfe
>>dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca
>>dewolfe@iris1.ucis.dal.ca
>>
>>P.S.  Is the Supra 2400zi *completely* compatible with the ZorroII/III spec.
>>      I also heard that it's device driver is buggy, any comments?
>
>  Yep, I'm netting into this system now from a 2400zi in my A3000.

I have one too, I was just curious if it was causing my machine to act flakey.
But that has been figured out...

Always use a power bar.  When I got my 3000 and the 2000 went out the door,
I kept my 1902 (modified by me for Amiga) monitor for watching TV.  It was
left plugged into the power bar.  I put the 3000 on my newly acquired desk
with my 1950 monitor and plugged them straight into the wall.  Well, all
was well and good for awhile, but then the quality of my power feed from the
Nova Scotia Power went downhill.  I only noticed a couple of days ago that
my machine's flakiness seemed to coincide with noise from my stereo and
dimming and brightening of lights.

After searching around for an octopus so I could keep power supplied to my
VERY IMPORTANT (:-) vcr/stereo/1902 monitor side of my apartment, I moved
the power bar to my 3000.  I has been up 4 days now without problems.

Just goes to show ya that all they say about these things is not BS.

>  Look into AE's Datalink 2000.  It's pretty much the same thing, but has
>the potential to do MNP-5 and Send-fax with added extras..

Does anybody know if Supra is planning to offer upgrades for V.42 and MNP5
for their ZI series of modems?

>--
>|   // Daryl S. Cantrell                |   These opinions are       |
>| |\\\ milamber@caen.engin.umich.edu    |    shared by all of    //  |
>| |//  Evolution's over.  We won.       |        Humanity.     \X/   |

Colin DeWolfe
dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca
dewolfe@iris1.ucis.dal.ca

P.S.  Still curious as to what a yellow screen means, even though I don't get
      them anymore.