[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3000 video glitches

clindsey@nmsu.edu (Coy Lindsey) (12/15/90)

Thanks to those who responded to my previous post about the video
alignment.  Now that I have read the manual (novel idea) and adjusted
the video accordingly, I now get video glitches (most noticable on
window borders) during every harddisk access and floppy drive check (ya know
that annoying check to see if you have inserted a drive in the last
second).  The display is very crisp the rest of the time.  Any
suggestions?  Also I would still like to know how the 'coarse video
adjust' is done.

Thanks again
Coy Lindsey

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (12/18/90)

In article <CLINDSEY.90Dec15011904@tecate.nmsu.edu> clindsey@nmsu.edu (Coy Lindsey) writes:
>Thanks to those who responded to my previous post about the video
>alignment.  Now that I have read the manual (novel idea) and adjusted
>the video accordingly, I now get video glitches (most noticable on
>window borders) during every harddisk access and floppy drive check (ya know
>that annoying check to see if you have inserted a drive in the last
>second).  The display is very crisp the rest of the time.  Any
>suggestions?  Also I would still like to know how the 'coarse video
>adjust' is done.
>
>Thanks again
>Coy Lindsey

Coy,

Please try the fine tuning adjustment again as outlined in the User's
Manual.  This should fix your problems..

Scott Hood

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"