[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Wb2 questions, ECS Denise

iann@cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au (Ian Nicholls) (12/18/90)

In <632@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:

>In article <1896@beguine.UUCP> Duncan.Lewis@samba.acs.unc.edu (Duncan Lewis) writes:

[ stuff deleted ]

>>3) IS WB2.0 available to regular 1.2/1.3 people.

>Not yet.

What's the approximate time-frame for the release of Wb2?  Is it "Real Soon
Now", or how many months should we wait?  I know I won't get an exact
answer until the official announcement, but a guess would be good.

Also, when is the new Denise chip available?
--
"Yuletide waits for no man"
Ian Nicholls         Phone : +61 3 829 6088   Fax: +61 3 829 6886

In article <1145@cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au> iann@cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au (Ian Nicholls) writes:
>In <632@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
>
>>In article <1896@beguine.UUCP> Duncan.Lewis@samba.acs.unc.edu (Duncan Lewis) writes:
>
>>>3) IS WB2.0 available to regular 1.2/1.3 people.
>
>>Not yet.
>
>What's the approximate time-frame for the release of Wb2?  Is it "Real Soon
>Now", or how many months should we wait?

Well, probably not before the software is really put into ROMs/EPROMs
on the A3000. When this state is reached (it is HOPED to appear soon,
it always depends on how many bugs are still found), THEN it will be
POSSIBLE to make up things also for other users. But the actual release
is again a marketing decision, not our field.

bruce@zuhause.MN.ORG (Bruce Albrecht) (12/21/90)

>In article <1145@cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au> iann@cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au (Ian Nicholls) writes:
>What's the approximate time-frame for the release of Wb2?  Is it "Real Soon
>Now", or how many months should we wait?  I know I won't get an exact
>answer until the official announcement, but a guess would be good.

In late November, I was told by Commodore execs that it would be out in February.
For 3000's, the upgrade is free, but it apparently will not be free for the rest.

--

bruce@zuhause.mn.org