[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Losing Characters

bart@asgard.pub.uu.oz.au (John Butcher) (12/23/90)

All this stuff about comms prgs losing chars is interesting, cos last
semester as part of our Data Comms II subject at RMIT, we had to write a
communications package ( interrupt driven _NOT_ serial.device, the lecturers
idea, not ours ), the Amiga ones were tested at 9600 to a Unix box, and
to my knowledge, none lost chars even on a big ls -wotever.
  In addition, I tested mine via null-modem by sending a large ascii file at
19200, and that didnt lose any chars either. ( 19200 is the highest speed the
microbee I was using on the other end could do )
  The program was not just a dumb terminal, it supported enough VT100 to run
"vi" and "top" properly.

I dont know what this all means - my prg is better than VT100 2.9 mebee ;-)
( just kidding )
+---------------------------------------------------+-----------------------+
| John Butcher : bart@asgard.pub.uu.oz.au           | Black Bart's seen it, |
|                ...!uunet!asgard.pub.uu.oz.au!bart | Black Bart knows.  ;) |
+---------------------------------------------------+-----------------------+

billy@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Jeff Coleman) (12/26/90)

In <186861cb.ARN0dce@asgard.pub.uu.oz.au> bart@asgard.pub.uu.oz.au (John Butcher) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>  The program was not just a dumb terminal, it supported enough VT100 to run
>"vi" and "top" properly.

i notice you don't mention the kermit that crashed the amy at 9600 !

what was the statement ?? "..it worked at home.."

>I dont know what this all means - my prg is better than VT100 2.9 mebee ;-)
>( just kidding )

:-P

| Jeff Coleman [ Billy ]     |	             " (2B || !2B) ? :; "             |
| billy@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au |       "ok so it don't look so good visually !" |