[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A-Max II+

a429@mindlink.UUCP (Alykhan Virani) (10/17/90)

I recently spoke to someone at Readysoft and they said it should be out some
time in January.  The price I was quoted was around $500US.

owen@euclid.enet.dec.com (Steve Owen) (10/17/90)

When is the expected ship date for AmaxII+? (The one with the board that lets
you read/write mac disks on Ami drives)

Also, any idea how much it'll be?

_____ ///______________________________________________________________________
|    /// Only Amiga makes it possible!    | Music: Anything but slop 40       |
|\\\///  Macintosh: pseudo productivity   | Beer:  Sam Adams Boston Lager     |
| \XX/   OS/2: half an operating system   | Job:   Thermal Engineering        |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------- |
|Steve | owen@euclid.enet.dec.com(Now-Dec)| "Cool your jets man!"-Bart takes  |
|Owen  | sowen@lynx.northeastern.edu(Jan+)|  Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics |
-------------------------All normal disclaimers apply--------------------------

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (10/19/90)

In article <3567@mindlink.UUCP> a429@mindlink.UUCP (Alykhan Virani) writes:
-I recently spoke to someone at Readysoft and they said it should be out some
-time in January.  The price I was quoted was around $500US.

I assume that is without the Mac ROMS?

How is the situation now on buying the ROMS? I recently read that
Apple now had declared any reselling of any Mac ROMS illegal.

Tommy Petersson

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (10/19/90)

In article <1990Oct19.102148.4363@ericsson.se> etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se writes:
>How is the situation now on buying the ROMS? I recently read that
>Apple now had declared any reselling of any Mac ROMS illegal.

I was under the impression that the US Congress was responsible for
writing the copyright laws.  Of course, Apple may have other ideas.  ;^)

NEWS FLASH -- APPLE DECLARES THAT ALL CPUS NOT MANUFACTURED BY APPLE ARE
              NOW ILLEGAL.  OWNERS OF IBM, ATARI AND AMIGA COMPUTERS WILL
              BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXAGGERATION OF THE LAW.

;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)  ;^)

--
            _.
--Steve   ._||__      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own.

rumbo@impch.imp.com (Peter Kunz) (11/06/90)

hi there
i just got (should i really say this) a copy of amax II with 128 K of rom
already on disk. works fine, except for the harddisk.
i installes scsi.amhd in devs on dh0: and named a partition of my
a2091/q105s AMAX1.
the first time i ran amax i then got something abotu device not recognized
but no chance to format. since then amax just ignores my mac partition.
can anyone help?

cu

ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) (11/09/90)

You want help? -- Stop pirating software, stealing deveoplers money,
and then get enough brains to stop mentioning it on an international
network!

I dont think that you want help -- I think you need serious help.

APPLEREP@MTUS5.BITNET (11/09/90)

Mr. Kunz:

Having the "128K ROMS on disk" is highly illegal.  Get rid of it.

Tom Amberg
Michigan Technological University

Disclaimer:  I don't speak officially for anyone except myself.

mgrifith@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Matthew John Grffith) (01/05/91)

Anyone heard if ReadySoft will ever release Amax II+?  Any information would be
welcomed.

\  Matt Griffith  -  DJ, Writer, Student, Amiga User, Musician   /
/  "Will you be trying our special, Dead Bird with Feathers?"    \