[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] "Severe overscan" and DPaint III

kengo@rpi.edu (Ken Goldenberg) (01/06/91)

I'm now positive that my monitor cannot support the 15k "normal" video signal o
the Amiga.  I really like the monitor, however.  What I've been trying to decide
is:  do I _need_ to display the 15k stuff?  So far I have one problem.  Dpaint
III does NOT get along with the 2320 in overscan well at all.  This may have
something to do with my 7??x4?? workbench screen, but I _refuse_ to give that up
(That's WHY I want to play with the 2320 in the first place.)  What I'd like to
know is:

1) Has anyone else had any problems with DPaint III and the 2320 in active mode.
2) Can anyone suggest an/any other reason(s) to get a different monitor.

I can still return the monitor, but I really do like the display.

                                                  -Mitch

--
kengo@rpi.edu                 |"...it surrounds us and penetrates us
ken_goldenberg@rpitsmts.bitnet|and binds the galaxy together" -G.L

In article <NHW^RD*@rpi.edu> kengo@rpi.edu (Ken Goldenberg) writes:
>I'm now positive that my monitor cannot support the 15k "normal" video signal o
>the Amiga.  I really like the monitor, however.  What I've been trying to decide
>is:  do I _need_ to display the 15k stuff?  So far I have one problem.  Dpaint
>III does NOT get along with the 2320 in overscan well at all.  This may have
>something to do with my 7??x4?? workbench screen, but I _refuse_ to give that up

	You could try a script attached to an icon that copies a preset screen-
mode prefs to env:sys, runs dpaint, then copies your normal preset back.  You'd
need to tell iconx to use a window that doesn't open until it's output to
(AUTO).  (2.0 required for these tricks, of course.)

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)