[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3000 keyboard cord too short...

ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug Dyer) (01/11/91)

I am in need of lengthening the keyboard cord.  The dealer hear
knows of no such part, and I said I would just go to Radio Shack
with the keyboard and see if I could put together one (hey, a mouse-
joystick switchbox was a major accomplishment for me).

He suggested that it might not be so easy, and wondering why (Im no
hardware guy) I thought I'd ask this group.

Bye,
Doug
ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu

--
"I/O's revenge is at hand." - Hennessy & Patterson

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Colin DeWolfe) (01/11/91)

In article <12567@hubcap.clemson.edu> ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug Dyer) writes:

>I am in need of lengthening the keyboard cord.  The dealer hear
>knows of no such part, and I said I would just go to Radio Shack
>with the keyboard and see if I could put together one (hey, a mouse-
>joystick switchbox was a major accomplishment for me).
>
>He suggested that it might not be so easy, and wondering why (Im no
>hardware guy) I thought I'd ask this group.

About the only place I could find a keyboard cable WAS Radio Shack,
or more precisely, Tandy Computer Centre.  It costs around $20 last
time I looked.  It's just a standard 5 pin pass through so it should work

--
Colin DeWolfe
dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca