[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Need info on CDC disk drive

ssd@sugar.hackercorp.com (Scott Denham) (01/06/91)

This is a repeat of an earlier request, to a somewhat wider distribution
and with some additional information.

I'm looking for techincal information on a mystery hard disk I came across
recently. It's made by CDC Magnetic Peripherals Inc, and carries the
numbers :
  MN - BJ7D5-A  (model number?)
  PN - 77731603
 Lot - O-8606   (date of manufacture?)

If it's the original disk for the subsystem it came out of, it's a 30
Megger. From the defect list, it's got at least 5 heads and 503 cylinders.
It's apparently an ST-506 interface (at least my A2090 ST-506 controller
is able to talk to it). What I really need to know is the actual number
of cylinders, and the write precompensation setting, if any, and the
number of sectors/track MFM.

  Scott Denham
  ssd@sugar.hackercorp.com

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (01/11/91)

ssd@sugar.hackercorp.com (Scott Denham) writes:

>I'm looking for techincal information on a mystery hard disk I came across
>recently. It's made by CDC Magnetic Peripherals Inc, and carries the
>numbers :
>  MN - BJ7D5-A  (model number?)
>  PN - 77731603
> Lot - O-8606   (date of manufacture?)
	  YYWW
	  Where YY is year, and WW is week, thus, this drive was manufactured
	  in the 6th week  of 1986.
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG - MNFHA, NCS - UMN Women's Lax, MWD
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need