[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3500 ??

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (01/21/91)

In article <phil.664412985@adam.adelaide.edu.au> phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au (Phil Kernick) writes:
>tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (Kenneth Jamieson) writes:
>
>When the national C= reps demoed the A3000, they told us a little about the
>A3500, vis:
>
>>	1) The A3500 will be a tower case with 6-8 slots.
>
>        Partly true.  The A3500 will indeed be in a tower case but has
>        an A3000 motherboard in it, so it has *exactly* the same number
>        of slots as the A3000.

Oh dear.  You couldn't be more wrong.  The slots are NOT on the
motherboard in the 3000, but on an expansion backplane.  The 3500
motherboard will certainly be different, anyway.  You'll get 4 PC-AT
slots and five Zorro ]I[ slots.

>>	2) The A3500 will be sized to fit a Toaster.
>
>        Can the A3000 fit a toaster?  If it can so can the A3500.

The current model of the toaster, due to the "clever" way all that
stuff got jammed on the card, doesn't fit in the 3000, but only (in a
very special way) in the 2000 series.  If NewTek isn't working on a
version for the 3000, they're very stupid, and I really don't think
those folks are stupid.

Followups redirected to comp.sys.amiga.hardware.

>o|      ///   Phil Kernick              EMail:  phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au    |o

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.