[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Mitsumi Floppy Drives

tjhayko@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA (01/18/91)

Does anybody know if the above drive passes the nessecary signals for use as an
Amiga drive?  My second floppy has died, and the best price I can get is on a
Mitsumi drive, but I don't want to be stuck with something that doesn't work.

* Tom Hayko                    * only the Amiga         /// *
* tjhayko@thunder.lakeheadu.ca * (Commodore is starting///  *
*                              *    to know that)  \\\///   *
*                              * and it's about time\XX/    *

QUIT

saffe@lut.fi (Petri Savolainen) (01/23/91)

 Isn't A500's internal drive a Mitsumi?

 Hope that answered your Q.

 -Saffe-

cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu (Christopher Walton) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.160611.11107@lut.fi> saffe@lut.fi (Petri Savolainen) writes:

> Isn't A500's internal drive a Mitsumi?
>
> Hope that answered your Q.
>
> -Saffe-

The internal drive on all Amigas, except maybe the A3000, changes rather
frequently.  I have had Chinon, Matsushita (Panasonic) and another I can't
remember in my comps.  Any shugart drive which connects via the 34 pin (??)
connector can be used, though I don't think HD drives will work as HD.

Christopher Walton
n074ev@tamuts.tamu.edu
cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu