[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Making your A500 keyboard external!!!

dannie@coplex.UUCP (Dannie Gregoire) (01/21/91)

There has been much discussion recently concerning detaching the A500's
keyboard.  Well, I have done such a thing.  In fact I have rebuilt my
500 completly and have it housed inside a tower case complete with
230 watt power supply!

I am currently working on the documentation for the tower case project,
and will post it in its entirety when complete.  If there is enough
interest, I will extract all info dealing with removing the keyboard
and post it as soon as possible.

I am also working on hackin a standard High Density PC drive to work
on the Amiga, but I lack time to work on this project at present ;-)

--
Dannie Gregoire
Copper Electronics

saffe@lut.fi (Petri Savolainen) (01/23/91)

dannie@coplex.UUCP (Dannie Gregoire) writes:

>There has been much discussion recently concerning detaching the A500's
>keyboard.  Well, I have done such a thing.  In fact I have rebuilt my
>500 completly and have it housed inside a tower case complete with
>230 watt power supply!

 Discussion? When there is nothing in it, just simply plug your new cabel in?
 (I've done it, too...you can't even wreck your A500 by plugging it wrong way
  -believe me, I've tested...;) )

 Hmm...then, what is the extra connector in A500 internal? As I took it out,
 too, I discovered there were THREE connectors in it! One is not used.

 Anybody has guesses about how the drive likes running flipped vertical? I did
 that for comfort and wonder if it's safe.

 And... yes, that PC-style HD drive to Amiga? Are the pins about same, or?
 So, that it would be possible to connect one just by arranging pins correctly
 and hacking some suitable software?

 -Saffe-

n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) (01/23/91)

saffe@lut.fi (Petri Savolainen) writes:

> Discussion? When there is nothing in it, just simply plug your new cabel in?
> (I've done it, too...you can't even wreck your A500 by plugging it wrong way
>  -believe me, I've tested...;) )

> Hmm...then, what is the extra connector in A500 internal? As I took it out,
> too, I discovered there were THREE connectors in it! One is not used.

What cable? Where do I go to get one?  How much does it cost?

"Extra connector"?  "Three connectors?"

Raoul Rodriguez    n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu

"Opus was blessedly unaware of Portnoy and Hodge-Podge marching up the hill
with a fully automatic 45mm American Ruger Assault rifle, apparently intent
upon massacring the imminent hordes of Communists in groups of fifty or more."
- Bloom County