[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] ST506 + Amiga 1000

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan24.204111.19690@csn.org> devin@gandalf.Colorado.EDU
(Yampalimardilor) writes:

>I heard a rumor that someone had posted a design for a ST506 controller
>for the Amiga 1000.  Is this true?  If so, could someone email me that
>article(s)?  Advthanksance.

     There's a gadget called the Wedge, which hooks to the expansion
port on a 500 or 1000 and allows you to use a DTC-5150 ST-506
controller (used in many IBM PCs and available cheaply).  The machine
I'm typing this message on has had one for quite a while and it works
well.  For more information, contact:

Dave Allen
General Delivery
Roberts Creek, BC
Canada, V0N 2W0

(604) 886-4545

     Be sure to specify whether it's for an A500 or an A1000.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
For every vision there is an equal and opposite revision.

devin@gandalf.Colorado.EDU (Yampalimardilor) (01/25/91)

I heard a rumor that someone had posted a design for a ST506 controller
for the Amiga 1000.  Is this true?  If so, could someone email me that
article(s)?  Advthanksance.

		-Devin

Devin Hooker     (RP90)     DoD #0034
"Time - don't ponder it too long..."
"Performing on a stool we've a sight to make you drool
	Seven virgins and a mule.  Keep it cool.  Keep it cool." -ELP