[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2091 Problems...

olson@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Toad) (10/09/90)

	Once again time to tap the "net wisdom"....

	Hardware:
	 2500/30 with a 2091, a Maxtor 8760S, a Maxtor XT3280, and
	 a Wangtek 5150 tape drive..

	Problem:
	 Lockups when trying to copy from one HD to the other, and
	 using the tape drive.  The machine will either freeze, or
	 guru, usually with 00000004, but ocassionaly others all
	 at different locations.

	Tried:
	 Selecting "no reselection" on both drives - did not work.

	Solutions:
	 Have at it...

	I also have the location zero problem.  I do not have the ROM
revisions handy, but if somebody needs them I will get them.  I have
tried the local dealer, but that proved to be a waste of time.  Any
help will be appreciated.

				Todd

--
 olson@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu | "When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant
 olson@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | I could hardly stand to be around him. When I

amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu (01/25/91)

From: "Jim Karczewski, Programmer -- TTR Development, Inc." <JK829055@pucal.bitnet>

        I have been having problems lately using my 2091 with my
Quantum 40 Meg (the stock on the old 2000HD's) and a Seagate 296N.  When
I am doing something that writes on the Amiga side to the quantum, and
try writing at the same time to the 296N partition for my AT Bridge,
the drives both lock up on me.  Causing me no alternative but
to re-boot since the drives are locked... What could be causing this problem?
Both drives Have different ID numbers, so thats not it... I don't know
what could be causing it...
        Jim Karczewski
Programmer
TTR Development, Inc.

JK829055@pucal.bitnet

watters@shawnee.cis.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (01/26/91)

In article <42774@nigel.ee.udel.edu> amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu writes:
>From:"Jim Karczewski, Programmer TTR Development, Inc."<JK829055@pucal.bitnet>
>
>        I have been having problems lately using my 2091 with my
>Quantum 40 Meg (the stock on the old 2000HD's) and a Seagate 296N.  When
>I am doing something that writes on the Amiga side to the quantum, and
>try writing at the same time to the 296N partition for my AT Bridge,
>the drives both lock up on me.

Welcome to the club! :-)

>        Jim Karczewski
>Programmer
>TTR Development, Inc.

Since such a small number of users read this usenet stuff, I worry about
how many others are part of our club and don't even know it.

Oh well, we live and we learn.  Maybe MacRenderman would be nice.

--
"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.
 All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars!" - RUSH