[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amazing and Amiga World's New Mags???

cmw1725@tamsun.u.washington.edu (Christopher Walton) (01/26/91)

Has anyone seen these new magazines?  I have seen the adds for Amiga World
Tech Journal, but have not seen an issue.  Is it out yet?  I read a post
somewhere that Amazing Computing was coming out with a new mag. as well.
I have no idea if this is true since I don't frequently read Amazing...

Anyone have details?

There is supposed to be a good hardware hack in this new Amazing mag?!?!

cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan27.181235.16785@santra.uucp>, ayr@antares.hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{)
says:

>How about posting those serial/parallel board specs to the net?  Here in      d
>Finlan
>you can't find Amazing in any bookstore :-(   And I remember somebody saying
>those specs would be posted to the net "somewhat before magazine publication"
>8-)

The article WAS posted to the net some time ago -- while you weren't looking,
it seems. :-) Guess we'll have to repost (or just email). Speaking of
magazines, I'm in a similar boat in the US. I'd like to subscribe to a couple
German Amiga mags...could someone post information about (for example)
Kickstart and Amiga Magazin? Address, cost with airmail shipping, etc.

Thanks!!!

-- Dan Babcock

jmasters@fxrs.intel.com (Justin Masters) (01/29/91)

In article <91028.154553DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu> DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
|In article <1991Jan27.181235.16785@santra.uucp>, ayr@antares.hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{)
|says:
|
|>How about posting those serial/parallel board specs to the net?  Here in      d
|>Finlan
|>you can't find Amazing in any bookstore :-(   And I remember somebody saying
|>those specs would be posted to the net "somewhat before magazine publication"
|>8-)
|
|The article WAS posted to the net some time ago -- while you weren't looking,
|it seems. :-) Guess we'll have to repost (or just email). Speaking of

Please repost this article.  Imust have missed it too.

|-- Dan Babcock

--
"We are greatful for the dedication of the men and women serving in the gulf
and our prayers are with them.  Some say they are just doing their job, but it

In article <91028.154553DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu> DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Speaking of
>magazines, I'm in a similar boat in the US. I'd like to subscribe to a couple
>German Amiga mags...could someone post information about (for example)
>Kickstart and Amiga Magazin? Address, cost with airmail shipping, etc.

Amiga-Magazin:

Markt & Technik Verlag
Hans-Pinsel-Str. 2
8013 Haar bei Muenchen
Tel. 0049 / 89 / 4613-369   (Subscription service, else -0)
US subscription: DM 117,- per year
You can contact them also via net:
 {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmger!mutger!reneb
They also have a US facility:
M&T Publishing, 501 Galveston Drive, Redwood City, CA 94063
Tel. 001 / 415 / 3663600, Fax: ... 3663923

Kickstart:

MAXON Computer
Industriestr. 26
6236 Eschborn
Tel. 0049 / 6196 / 481811, Fax: ... 41885
Subscription via airmail (should be valid for US): DM 120,- per year

Amiga-DOS:

DMV Daten & Medien-Verlag
Widuch GmbH & Co. KG
Fuldaer Str. 6
3440 Eschwege
Tel. 0049 / 5651 / 8090, Fax: ... 809333
Subscription to non-European foreign countries: DM 120,- per year

All these are monthly magazines.

ayr@deneb.hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{) (01/30/91)

In article <91028.154553DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu> DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>In article <1991Jan27.181235.16785@santra.uucp>, ayr@antares.hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{)
>says:

>>How about posting those serial/parallel board specs to the net?  Here in      d
>>Finlan
>>you can't find Amazing in any bookstore :-(   And I remember somebody saying
>>those specs would be posted to the net "somewhat before magazine publication"
>>8-)

>The article WAS posted to the net some time ago -- while you weren't looking,
>it seems. :-) Guess we'll have to repost (or just email).

I saw one article in December describing that board and software to support
it but it contained no exact specs. Anyway, more information would be useful :)

>Speaking of
>magazines, I'm in a similar boat in the US. I'd like to subscribe to a couple
>German Amiga mags...could someone post information about (for example)
>Kickstart and Amiga Magazin? Address, cost with airmail shipping, etc.

I don't know about Kickstart, but here's some info about Markt&Technik Amiga Magazin:

Address: Markt & Technik Verlag Aktiengesellschaft
         Hans-Pinsel-Strasse 2
         8013 Haar bei Muenchen
	 GERMANY

(Muenchen == Munich in German)

Phone: 0 89/46 13-0 , Telex: 5 22 052 , Telefax: 089/46 13-100

(I don't know the actual number when calling from USA, those numbers are from their
 magazine)
one year subscription in airmail costs DM 117,- to USA.

(They give examples of different 'land groups' and airmail prices to those, like
to Hong Kong DM 129,- / year and Australia DM 147,- / year)

This info is from their September issue, so prices may have been changed.

--
Ari  Yrj|l{       Internet:  ayrjola@hut.fi          /
JMT 3B 231b       BITNET :   LK-AY AT FINHUT        /  Heaven