[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] How to extend A500 to 1Meg chip ram?

colas@avahi.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (01/23/91)

There there some hints on the net that one could use the 512K extension at
C0000 as chip Ram. How can this be done? (I have a 2-month old amiga, I think
motherboard is Rock Lobster Rev6, with fat agnus of course).

I phoned my dealer, who told me it was impossible... But by looking at the
schematics in the doc, I saw that the jumper 2 was labelled "moves the
extension memory from C0000 to 08000". Is moving this jumper is all there is
to it???

(please answer, if you know, so I could pass back info to my dealer and mail
to other people I have seen asking this without success...)

--
Colas Nahaboo, Bull Research France -- Koala Project -- GWM X11 Window Manager
Internet: colas@mirsa.inria.fr, Phone: (33) 93.65.77.70, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 66

dtiberio@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (02/02/91)

In article <1991Jan23.143212@avahi.inria.fr> colas@avahi.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) writes:
>There there some hints on the net that one could use the 512K extension at
>C0000 as chip Ram. How can this be done? (I have a 2-month old amiga, I think
>motherboard is Rock Lobster Rev6, with fat agnus of course).
>
>I phoned my dealer, who told me it was impossible... But by looking at the
>schematics in the doc, I saw that the jumper 2 was labelled "moves the
>extension memory from C0000 to 08000". Is moving this jumper is all there is
>to it???
>
>(please answer, if you know, so I could pass back info to my dealer and mail
>to other people I have seen asking this without success...)
>
>--
>Colas Nahaboo, Bull Research France -- Koala Project -- GWM X11 Window Manager
>Internet: colas@mirsa.inria.fr, Phone: (33) 93.65.77.70, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 66
>INRIA Sophia, 2004, rte des Lucioles, B.P.109 - 06561 Valbonne Cedex, FRANCE

  In order to run Workbench 2.0 on an a500 or a2000, I think you have to do
the same thing. I think the program ZKick moves the memory around like that,
but I am not sure.

David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3605  AMIGA  Toto Productions