Date:         Sat, 02 Feb 91 15:49:34 EST
From:         "Rasiel S." <PYC118@URIACC.URI.EDU>
Subject:      Amiga R.I.P.!/ Printer Question
To:           amiga-relay-hardware@udel.edu

Well, it had to happen. This morning my Amy just decided all on its own
to die. When I turned on the power nothing would happen or everything would
load fine except for the caplock light blinking on and off and keyboard input
was ignored. Because it was still under warranty I called my dealer and the guy
simply told me to lift the keyboard about 6 inches off the table and drop it.
According to him chances were that some chips (I suppose defying the laws I
suppose) came out of their sockets. Somewhat confused by the surprisingly
low-tech approach to fix this delicate equipment I did as he said and VOILA!
it ran like new!! Now, I don't know if this is official C= ways of fixing
Amigas but I guess it sure beats the hell out of an expensive and/or long
repair time. However, I want to know if this isn't slightly dangerous to
the motherboard (Could it not crack?) or the drive go out of alignment?

The second question is about a printer. Back before I upgraded to the Amiga
I had a 64 and I purchased a Star NX1000 printer for it. However I did not
had the foresight to see that someday I might upgrade to another computer,
since this printer was the direct-connect version. The question therefore
is simple: is there anyway in hell I could get a cable that would hook this
rather pricey printer to a 500?
Rasiel, pyc118@uriacc