[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Canon PJ1080A probs...

42_153@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/04/91)

I'm having problems getting a Canon PJ-1080A colour printer to work on my
B2000. I've set the dip switches according to the printer drivers setup in my
AmigaDos 1.3 manual, but the printer just hangs and I get a printer error.
Swapping out the printer cable had no effect, and the printer works just
fine on an MS-DOS type machine. My current printer (Star NX1000) works on my
system without a hitch...........any ideas?

Jim Griffiths				42_153@hydra.uwo.ca
CCS Hardware Services			(519)661-3027
University of Western Ontario		London, Ontario

blgardne@javelin.es.com (Blaine Gardner) (02/05/91)

42_153@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:

>I'm having problems getting a Canon PJ-1080A colour printer to work on my
>B2000. I've set the dip switches according to the printer drivers setup in my
>AmigaDos 1.3 manual, but the printer just hangs and I get a printer error.
>Swapping out the printer cable had no effect, and the printer works just
>fine on an MS-DOS type machine. My current printer (Star NX1000) works on my
>system without a hitch...........any ideas?

Make sure that both handshaking lines are connected on both ends of your
printer cable. You probably only have one of them connected.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland  580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
blgardne@javelin.sim.es.com     or   blgardne%javelin@dsd.es.com